Indian Wedding Dresses (Groom and Bridal Wear Store)
- Light Green Ombre Satin Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Zari Embroidery CCAR4072Special Price $95.00 Regular Price $102.33
- Yellow Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Heavy Embroidered Work CCAT4931Special Price $158.17 Regular Price $173.83
- Shamita Shetty Dark Green Georgette Open Front Slit Designer Suit SKDAS11580Special Price $53.17 Regular Price $65.67
- Pastel Green Satin Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Embroidery CCAR4078Special Price $95.00 Regular Price $102.33
- Yellow Mulberry Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Multi Colored Floral Embroidery CCAU4964Special Price $149.17 Regular Price $163.83
- Shamita Shetty Wine Purple Georgette Open Front Slit Designer Suit SKDAS11578Special Price $53.17 Regular Price $65.67
- Wine Purple Tafetta Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Double Dupatta CCAS4624Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $149.00
- Sea Green Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Double Dupatta CCAS4630Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $149.00
- Sky Blue Satin Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Embroidery CCAR4077Special Price $95.00 Regular Price $102.33
- Light Pink Art Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Elephant and Parrot Motifs Embroidery CCAU4965Special Price $149.17 Regular Price $163.83
- Stunning Maroon Taffeta Silk Heavy Embroidered Lehenga Choli with Sequinsed Border CCAU4968Special Price $169.17 Regular Price $185.83
- Dark Mint Green Net Designer Embroidered Suit with Long Net Jacket SKDAT12114Special Price $81.17 Regular Price $100.83
- Olive Green Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Double Dupatta CCAS4627Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $149.00
- Dark Peach and Pink Shaded Silk Lehenga Choli with Heavy Embroidery CCAT4934Special Price $198.33 Regular Price $218.00
- Dark Wine Purple Georgette Designer Suit with Jacket SKDAU12216Special Price $92.00 Regular Price $114.33
- Blue and Grey Ombre Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Foil Print CCAT4937Special Price $146.67 Regular Price $161.17
- Sea Green Net Designer Front Slit Cut Embroidered Suit with High Neck SKDAU12212Special Price $94.00 Regular Price $116.83
- Peacock Blue Velvet Designer Lehenga Choli with Zari Embroidery CCAS4633Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $149.00
- Pink Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Heavy Embroidered Work CCAT4932Special Price $215.50 Regular Price $236.83
- Wine Purple Velvet Designer Lehenga Choli with Long Jacket and Dupatta CCAS4629Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $149.00
- Refreshing Dark Green Taffeta Silk Heavy Embroidered Lehenga Choli CCAU4967Special Price $169.17 Regular Price $185.83
- Shamita Shetty Dark Olive Green Georgette Open Front Slit Designer Suit SKDAS11582Special Price $53.17 Regular Price $65.67
- Blue Mulberry Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Multi Colored Resham Embroidery CCAU4963Special Price $149.17 Regular Price $163.83
- Light Peach Satin Silk Lehenga Choli with Zari Embroidery CCAR4076Special Price $95.00 Regular Price $102.33
- Yellow Brocade Designer Lehenga Choli With Zari Weaving CCAQ3804Special Price $137.00 Regular Price $147.83
- Grey Net Designer Front Slit Cut Embroidered Suit with High Neck SKDAU12210Special Price $94.00 Regular Price $116.83
- Light Pink Satin Silk Lehenga Choli with Multi Colored Resham Embroidery CCAR4075Special Price $95.00 Regular Price $102.33
Indian Wedding Dresses (Groom and Bridal Wear Store)
Indian weddings are lengthy and stylish affairs, detailed with dazzling set-ups, gorgeous wedding and bridal wear, elaborate food tables and well, a massive crowd celebrating the new beginnings. From bride and groom to all the wedding guests, sister of the bride, mother of the bride as well as the groom - Indian wedding dresses are available for everyone who is a part of the gala celebration.
Apart from all the dance, bling and chaos, what remains the most noteworthy aspect of the big fat Indian wedding is its splendid, picturesque play of colors and textures – which comes from all the stunning backdrops as well as the lovely ethnic ensembles. Needless to say, the bride is at the centre of all the festivities and celebrations – and thus, her attire – whether for the marital ceremony or for the other functions like Mehendi, shagun, haldi, Ganesh sthapana, engagement, reception or sangeet – holds one of the most prominent places in the Indian weddings’ preparations. Bride's Red Wedding Dress - the iconic Indian bridal outfit - is as well known as the huge variety of apparels available for guests attending marriage functions.
Overall, the dress code followed at Indian weddings, pre-wedding functions and numerous other rituals and ceremonies is usually ethnic or fusion, and includes a lot of accessory detailing – for the bride as well as the other guests, specifically the women. Following age-old traditions, an Indian bride is decked up from head to toe to mark the most important day of her life. On other additional occasions too, her dress holds a key prominence. During many functions, the girl adorns herself in many Indian Wedding Dresses, which may be anything from Indian saree, lehenga cholis, Anarkali suits or Indo-Western dresses or gowns. This is also a time when many families and brides choose to stick to their cultural and regional bridal and wedding staples – like specific handloom sarees, drape styles, outfits like ghagras and bridal lehenga cholis. Indian bridal wear varies across different regions of the country, according to varying cultural lifestyles. However, all types of bridal wear have one thing in common - they are lush and richly embellished.
At saree.com, you can find a wide variety of apparels for wedding - suitable for all price ranges as well as preferences. From exquisite designer pieces to pocket friendly, cheap wedding dresses to ones ranging from relatively simple and casual for Sangeet, pre wedding outings to heavy, ornate ones - you will find everything at saree.com.
Bridal wear across different regions
A bride usually wears a saree or a lehenga choli depending on her community culture. A Maharashtrian bride wears a nine-yard long sari called as Nauvari. In the southern region, girls wear a heavy Kanchipuram sari that has a shimmery pallu detailed with golden zari work designs. A Panetar, which the bridal outfit for Gujarati women, is typically a sari, lehenga choli or a lehenga saree in white, red and green hues and is embellished with zardozi and mirror work. A Gharchola saree is another auspicious drape worn by women in Rajasthan and certain regions of Gujarat. North Indian brides wear a pink, maroon or red flared lehenga set for their wed-lock ceremony. Long sleeve wedding dress or a more trendy variation, there is room for all sorts of variations in a bridal trousseau. Every region has its own beautiful bridal attire and saree.com is a reputed site offering such cultured outfits in appealing styles to make your D-day look truly mesmerizing!
Choosing your bridal outfit
As your wedding is indeed a very important day of your life, you may want to put in some extra efforts to get the best. While the traditional colour palette and styles have their own charm, you can experiment with trendy silhouettes and contemporary hues. A golden off-shoulder lehenga choli embellished with rhinestones and teamed with a pink dupatta would make a beautiful outfit for a modern Indian bride. Likewise, you can also sport a pastel-colored lehenga saree embellished with pearls for your upscale resort wedding. While choosing your outfit give weightage to comfort and to your individual preferences. Pick what you like, not what other brides are wearing, because feeling good and confident about your outfit will accentuate your beauty on your D-day.
Your sister’s or friend’s wedding is also a very special moment. Following the trend of western countries, Indian brides nowadays are flanked by bridesmaids decked up in similar outfits. As a bridesmaid, you can follow a common color code and flaunt a contemporary sari with shimmery lace border and trendy blouse. You can also twin your hairstyle and accessories with the other bridesmaids for interesting photo sessions during the wedding!
Traditional Wedding Outfits For Groom
Sherwani suit is the most popular wedding outfit among Indian grooms. Out of all the traditional outfits for men, it is the most royal ensemble. Brocade, jacquard, velvet and silk fabrics are used to render affluence to sherwanis, which are further ornamented with chains, brooches and jewelled borders.
A sherwani is usually worn with churidar or dhoti pants and carries unmatched charm and sophistication. You can get your designer wedding sherwani customized from saree.com through its video shopping facility. Our video calls are always assisted by personal shoppers and stylists who guide our customers through the outfit selection process.
Jodhpuri suits, which are also known as bandhgala suits are another festive favourite among Indians. This ethnic suit is usually lighter and more comfortable to carry than sherwani suits and makes an excellent pick for not just the groom but also for wedding attendees.