Dhoti Style Dress
- Special Price र1,620.00 Regular Price र1,920.00
- Special Price र1,680.00 Regular Price र2,040.00
- Special Price र2,400.00 Regular Price र3,000.00
Trendy dhoti suits for ladies- fusion wear that will pep-up your look
Contemporary-wear is the new definition of Indian ethnicity. There are fabulous fusion ensembles introduced every season that in general overlap- diffuse- break all sorts of boundaries, cultural ones as well as gender defined rules. Dhoti suits which are quite in vogue these days are basically shalwar suits having a dhoti style bottom which is loose and pleated.
Difference between dhoti suit and Patiala suit
At first glance, a dhoti bottom and a Patiala bottom may appear quite similar yet the two have a different fall. The pleats of a Patiala start from the waist and end at the hem while dhoti pants or dhoti salwars are detailed with U-shaped pleats which can go from side to side or from front to back.
Dhoti style kurtis
The dhoti, which is basically borrowed from traditional clothing for men, has been innovated to become a popular drape detail for ladies’ kurtis as well. A cowl style kurta is also a variation of the dhoti drape; such tunics are loose, baggy and absolutely comfortable. These dhoti style dresses are usually styled like Indo-Bohemian clothing for theme parties and a lot of celebrities have been spotted wearing them for social events.
How to style/accessorize a dhoti dress?
Perfect for all seasons including sweltering summers and high on trend quotient, dhoti dresses are a rage among women of all age groups, including little girls and toddlers. Such ensembles usually have a very elaborate look and therefore need to be accessorized carefully to avoid looking too loud or bulky. These styling ideas will guide you well:
- Dhoti suits with crop top can be layered with a jacket. If the jacket is embroidered then keep your jewellery confined to a pair of earrings and maybe some hand jewellery.
- Embroidered dhoti salwar suits with straight-cut or peplum blouses should be worn with juttis/slippers. If you prefer wearing heels then choose block heels instead of stilettos to match the width of the bottom.
- Dhoti dresses or kurtis can be accessorized with a stretchable or corset belt to define your waistline. You can wear such outfits with quirky jewellery to accentuate its fusion appeal.
To buy the latest dhoti salwar kameez sets, dhoti style contemporary suits and tunics for ladies, log on to saree.com- the best online shopping site for Indian wear.