- Black Satin Net Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAN3235Special Price $77.83 Regular Price $155.67
- Golden Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Peplum Blouse CCAN3236Special Price $77.83 Regular Price $155.67
- Teal Blue Satin Silk Lehenga Choli with Zari Embroidery CCAQ3955Special Price $104.83 Regular Price $209.67
- Blue Silk Designer Foil Print Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAR4052Special Price $90.50 Regular Price $181.00
- Sky Blue Silk Designer Floral Print Lehenga Choli with Embroidered Border CCAR4056Special Price $90.50 Regular Price $181.00
- Blue Silk Bridal Designer Lehenga Choli with Peplum Blouse CCAR4203Special Price $109.17 Regular Price $218.33
- Mint Green Georgette Plain Saree with Designer Blouse SAAS30600Special Price $41.33 Regular Price $82.67
- Light Pink Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Emboss Print CCAS4610Special Price $85.83 Regular Price $171.67
- Dark Green Jacquard Designer Lehenga Choli with Peplum Blouse CCAS4611Special Price $85.83 Regular Price $171.67
- Pastel Green Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Foil Print CCAS4613Special Price $85.83 Regular Price $171.67
- Yellow Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Peplum Blouse CCAS4615Special Price $85.83 Regular Price $171.67
- Beige Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4662Special Price $175.67 Regular Price $351.33
- Sage Green Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4663Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $271.33
- Yellow Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4664Special Price $135.67 Regular Price $271.33
- Peach Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4665Special Price $115.67 Regular Price $231.33
- Red Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4666Special Price $125.67 Regular Price $251.33
- Taupe Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4667Special Price $125.67 Regular Price $251.33
- Red Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4668Special Price $125.67 Regular Price $251.33
- Blue Bangalore Silk Designer Lehenga Choli with Jacket Blouse CCAS4669Special Price $125.67 Regular Price $251.33
Peplum Blouses and Outfits - the flattering flare
Peplum is a frilly or flared design element created by ruching, pleating or gathering the fabric at the waistline in a garment - generally top-wear. While the frock styled silhouette that flares at the waist has been quite a popular trend in Indian and ethnic wear, peplum is a western and more recent design term. The design element has caught plenty of attention worldwide, and is now very popular. That is how and why it can now be seen amply in all kinds of outfits, including contemporary tops as well as saree blouses and cholis with lehengas.
Kedia - the Indian version of peplum blouses
Globally the origin of peplum blouses can be traced to the ancient Greek civilization. But, Indians too have their own typical style of peplum. Apart from the frock style garments, the cultural costume of Gujarati Kedia is almost a mirror of the modern peplum top. Generally worn by the men in Gujarat as the region’s cultural garment, kedia is an overlapping frock style kurta or top-wear with tie-up detail. It is worn by many local and tribal communities in the states of Rajasthan and Gujarat. With the merging design sensibilities, this style is now even worn by women - along with ghagras and chaniyas - terms used for long, bohemian skirts or simply put, lehengas.
Peplum, Peplum Everywhere
From lehenga cholis to short kurtis, saree blouses and even salwar suit jackets - peplum style blouses are omnipresent these days. These silhouettes fit at the waistline and are slightly flared towards the lower side. The flare can be a stiff, neatly pleated or with delicate gathers. Each of these variants looks flattering - especially the pleated ones that go extremely well, even with plus size frames. Peplum blouses tend to give an hourglass shape to the body- enhancing the curves and therefore, they look quite appealing.
Contemporary peplum blouse ensembles
Flared like a frock, peplum blouses look flattering and graceful on almost every body type. They are comfortable enough for wearing on a regular basis as well as dressy and chic for special occasions and weddings. Here are some peplum blouse outfit ideas for different occasions -
- Wear a light or pastel coloured long bell sleeved peplum blouse with sharara bottom for a day party. If the outfit is plain, you can style it with heavy pearl jewellery- like a choker or a pair of long earrings.
- A mid-length peplum kurti is a snazzy ethnic dress for casual outings like shopping trips or for brunch with your friends.
- Mirror work peplum salwar suits and lehenga cholis are apt for festivals like Navratri and Diwali while for wedding-wear you can choose a heavily embellished peplum blouse; this skirt-like detail looks grand- ideal for even the most pompous occasions.
Buy peplum kurtis and ensembles online
Keep up with the latest trends in ethnic and contemporary fashion with peplum style lehenga choli sets, tunics, kurtis and even saree blouses. Saree.com has an amazing collection of latest and trendy Indian wear - thus peplum surely is on the cards. You can find irresistibly gorgeous peplum blouse ensembles in designer wear as well as in an economical price range that will give you maximum value for your money. We ship worldwide with on-time delivery that is made possible with our strong supply chain network. You can also book a video call appointment to see our exclusive designer collection of peplum outfits and shop from any corner of the world with complete assistance from our personal shoppers.