Office Wear Salwar Suits
- Dark Green Cotton Patiala Suit with Resham Embroidery SKDAR10509Special Price $43.83 Regular Price $87.67
- Turquoise Blue Cotton Silk Straight Cut Ruffle Sharara Suit SKDAT11806Special Price $46.92 Regular Price $93.83
- Silver Chanderi Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Embroidery SKDAR10540Special Price $32.83 Regular Price $65.67
- Parrot Green Silk Straight Cut Patiala Suit with Floral Embroidery SKDAS11668Special Price $48.17 Regular Price $96.33
- Orange Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Dupatta SKDAT11897Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Brown Cotton Silk Straight Cut Suit with Zari Embroidery SKDAT11812Special Price $46.92 Regular Price $93.83
- Orange Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Woven Dupatta SKDAT11901Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Dark Peach Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Dupatta SKDAT11900Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Sky Blue and Yellow Cotton Printed Straight Cut Suit SKDAT11946Special Price $19.17 Regular Price $38.33
- Navy Blue Chanderi Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Thread Embroidery SKDAS11333Special Price $23.58 Regular Price $47.17
- Light Pink Muslin Silk Straight Cut Suit with Floral Print SKDAR10419Special Price $46.00 Regular Price $92.00
- Beige Cotton Silk Straight Cut Suit with Tulip Pant SKDAT11809Special Price $46.92 Regular Price $93.83
- Olive Green Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Dupatta SKDAT11896Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Navy Blue Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Dupatta SKDAT11899Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Brown Cotton Silk Straight Cut Suit with Printed Dupatta SKDAT11748Special Price $43.08 Regular Price $86.17
- Rust Brown Crepe Straight Cut Printed Patiala Suit SKDAT11711Special Price $21.50 Regular Price $43.00
- Green Cotton Straight Cut Suit with Banarasi Dupatta SKDAT11902Special Price $41.75 Regular Price $83.50
- Peach Jacquard Straight Cut Suit with Floral Print Dupatta SKDAP9504Special Price $68.00 Regular Price $136.00
Indian Suits, Salwar Suits as Work and Office Wear
Dressing up for your workplace is an important part of everyday activity. If you love dressing up, then this simple yet interesting activity can take you through the most stressful work days with ease. Many look forward to work because they love getting into beautiful and stylish work clothes, before they hob nob with honchos and subordinates. There are plenty of options, even if you have strict work dress codes, to choose from. In India, apart from sarees, which are considered formal wear, salwar suits or simply women-wear ethnic suits are also an important part of the office wear garments’ segment. Comfortable, available in tones of variety and suited for Indian lifestyles and weather, the suits – whether salwar, churidar or the trendier versions of palazzo and trousers – are among the most popular work wear outfits among women of all ages.
Which type of salwar suits can be worn to office?
Until a few years ago, Punjabi suits and churidar suits majorly summed up the segment of office-wear salwar suits. These were not any different from the regular wear suits in many organizations, especially government set ups etc. However at places with stricter dress codes, women could wear simple straight cut – plain or lightly patterned kameez with a prim churidar or a simple salwar bottom – with dupatta. Whatever the scenario, till one time, the suits used to be quite conservative and traditional in appeal.
But today, relaxed dress codes in the corporate world and a more modern lifestyle have opened up doors to a lot of new assortments- making it easier for working women to put their most stylish foot forward, even as they make power-point presentations and crack million dollar deals. If you’re looking for the latest formal salwar suits for office- then these other categories are worth exploring-
Straight-cut palazzo suits: They are super comfortable and easy-breezy, even perfect for site visits and outdoor client meetings during summers!
Trouser suit: An ensemble that will accentuate your ‘boss lady’ appeal with its well defined outlines.
Indo-western lehenga suits: These are relatively new to the market but are slowly catching up as comfortable office-wear options.
Anarkali suits: These outfits may sound too elaborate for workplaces yet, lighter ones- like printed cotton anarkali suits can definitely make it to your work-wear closet!
Basics: As mentioned above, churidar suits and simple salwar kameez ensembles can always be a part of your office wardrobe.
You can find all of these categories on saree.com- a site that caters to your ethnic wardrobe needs for every occasion. Shop online on saree.com and stock the best salwar suits for business and work-places, to keep looking modish through your work routine. Made in all sorts of fabrics, the work wear Indian suits are good for all day wear as well as special occasion/ meeting wear. There are tonnes of styles and colors to choose from and you can go for a variety of silhouettes and designs, whether printed, plain or lightly embroidered. Many of these suits come with dupatta, but it’s no more necessary to wear a dupatta with kameez. Many of these kurtas and kameez come in interesting and beautiful neck designs and sleeve styles – which, if modest, can easily be worn to workplaces.
Some important points to be kept in mind while choosing salwar suits for wearing at your workplace, office and business place:
Stick to fabrics that can be worn throughout the day. Cotton, rayon, linen, khadi and cotton blended materials- these are a complete yes!
Your colour palette should not be too loud. You need not stick to neutrals- in fact go ahead and add a lot of colours but choose shades that look noticeable and yet don’t demand over-attention. Pastels are absolutely perfect while olive green, mustard, aqua, rust orange and a few vibrant colour splashes can be added too!
Your outfit should look graceful- it is very important to maintain the decorum of your workplace. Flared/ bell sleeves, boat-neck, tie-ups, up-down hemlines are some details which you can sport to look trendy while being modest.
Shop with saree.com for latest and trendiest variety of salwar suits for work wear and office wear.