Baby Shower and Godh Bharai Sarees
- Dark Moss Green and Brown Art Silk Saree with Resham Embroidery SAAS32037Special Price $90.42 Regular Price $180.83
- Sky Blue Art Silk Traditional Saree with Embroidered Border SAAT32120Special Price $80.08 Regular Price $160.17
- Green and maroon Art Silk Saree with Resham Embroidery SAAS32036Special Price $90.42 Regular Price $180.83
- Dark Maroon Silk Saree with Woven Pallu and Border SAAS31904Special Price $54.25 Regular Price $108.50
- Light Olive Green Silk Saree with Woven Pallu and Embroidered Border SAAS31909Special Price $67.17 Regular Price $134.33
- Dark Steel Blue Art Silk Saree with Resham Embroidery SAAS32034Special Price $72.33 Regular Price $144.67
- Light Orange Linen Cotton Woven Saree with Tassels SAAT32591Special Price $33.58 Regular Price $67.17
- Henna Green Art Silk Embroidered Saree with Floral Work SAAT32127Special Price $90.42 Regular Price $180.83
- Pink and Blue Kanchipuram Art Silk Saree with Weaving SAAP27517Special Price $25.83 Regular Price $51.67
- Red and Beige Silk Half and Half Woven Saree with Embroidered Border SAAS31896Special Price $64.58 Regular Price $129.17
- Yellow Art Silk Embroidered Saree with Floral Border SAAT32124Special Price $80.08 Regular Price $160.17
- Pistachio Green Art Silk Embroidered Saree with Pearl Work SAAT32117Special Price $67.17 Regular Price $134.33
- Dark Maroon Satin Silk Embroidered Saree with Lace SAAT32500Special Price $33.58 Regular Price $67.17
- Pink and Blue Art Silk Half and Half Saree with Resham Embroidery SAAS32039Special Price $93.00 Regular Price $186.00
- Sky Blue Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu and Designer Blouse SAAT32484Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Pink and Peacock Blue Half and Half Woven Saree with Embroidered Border SAAS31901Special Price $69.75 Regular Price $139.50
- Sage Green Art Silk Traditional Saree with Cutwork Border SAAT32125Special Price $90.42 Regular Price $180.83
- Pista Green Art Silk Traditional Saree with Embroidered Border SAAT32119Special Price $80.08 Regular Price $160.17
- Light Olive Green Art Silk Embroidered Saree with Stone Work SAAT32118Special Price $67.17 Regular Price $134.33
- Rama Green Art Silk Traditional Saree with Dori Work SAAT32122Special Price $80.08 Regular Price $160.17
- Peach Art Silk Embroidered Saree with Floral Border SAAT32123Special Price $80.08 Regular Price $160.17
Godh Bharai and Baby Shower Sarees
The term “Godh Bharai” means filling the lap. It is an occasion for welcoming the unborn baby and blessing the mother-to-be with the joy of being a mother. Traditionally, this occasion is celebrated with religious rituals that include a puja followed by the guests putting gifts in the lap of the expecting lady. However, with the influence of the western culture these days the occasion of ‘Godh Bharai’ has got a trendy makeover that includes the cake-cutting ceremony followed by an informal party. This modern style of Godh Bharai is popularly known as baby shower.
For a traditionally celebrated baby shower, the host and guests usually follow an Indian dress code. Women generally opt for a saree or salwar suit. This ceremony is usually held during daytime so saris with lighter hues like pink, pastel green, yellow, sky blue and beige would be apt. Also, the saree should be mildly embellished as compared to wedding wear saris. The mother-to-be should opt for a sari according to the weather. So if the occasion is in summer a cotton sari with motifs and zari border or an embellished georgette or chiffon saree would be apt. While if the ceremony is during winter, then a silk sari with zari work or a brocade sari would look great. Also, jewellery should not be too heavy. Overall, the expecting lady should look decked up yet feel comfortable.
For a modern baby shower, the lady guests and hosts can opt for floor-length anarkali suits or ethnic gowns in contemporary hues. Or, they may choose lehenga saree and other varieties of trendier sarees in peppy hues and lighter fabrics. If the baby shower ceremony has been organised around a specific ethnic or Indian theme, you can choose sarees accordingly. For example, the theme may be around a certain color – you can order sarees in the same color tone from Saree.com. Popular baby shower color themes include – blue and pink for baby boy and baby girl respectively. Green, considered auspicious, is another popular choice.
Saree.com brings to you an exclusive range of designer saris for every occasion. Our carefully curated collection has the latest trendy ethnic wear at the best price. Our world-wide shipping network promptly delivers your goods conveniently at your doorstep and ensures a satisfactory online shopping experience!