- Maroon Silk Plain Saree with Designer Embroidered Blouse SAAT32384Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Olive Green Satin Silk Plain Saree with Embroidered Border SAAT32506Special Price $49.08 Regular Price $98.17
- Grey Georgette Silk Plain Saree With Designer Blouse SAAN23536Special Price $18.08 Regular Price $36.17
- Sky Blue Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu SAAT32480Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Pistachio Green Silk Plain Saree with Designer Blouse SAAT32377Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Shaded Pink Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu SAAT32488Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Dark Green Silk Plain Saree with Designer Embroidered Blouse SAAT32375Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Crimson Red Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu SAAT32477Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Sky Blue Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu and Designer Blouse SAAT32484Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Turquoise Blue Silk Plain Saree with Cutwork Border and Designer Blouse SAAT32381Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Light Brown Silk Plain Saree with Designer Heavy Embroidered Blouse SAAT32376Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Rani Pink Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu SAAT32482Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
- Yellow Satin Silk Plain Saree with Embroidered Border SAAT32504Special Price $49.08 Regular Price $98.17
- Imperial Red Silk Plain Saree with Designer Blouse SAAT32385Special Price $43.92 Regular Price $87.83
- Taupe Silk Plain Saree with Banarasi Woven Pallu and Designer Blouse SAAT32485Special Price $28.42 Regular Price $56.83
Simple Plain sarees
A blank canvas is an artist’s favorite muse – for it opens up limitless possibilities for endless expressions, emotions and experimentation. Plain sarees are like plain canvases, waiting to be filled with all sorts of details, embellishments, accessories, color combinations and what not!
Fashion-forward women, who like to define and create their own style statements, have always found great love in plain saris. These sarees are easy on eye, lend a great drape and structure and look elegant for all sorts of needs and occasions.
Sarees for all body shapes
Plain sarees in flattering fabrics are excellent for women worried about their figure or body shape. From skinny women to women on the heavier side – a little styling tweak can make the plains sarees great for every body type.
If you are bestowed with luscious curves, but would like to tone them down, drape a fluid plain saree in a slightly thick fabric – with a thin or light border. Pair with a plain blouse or a blouse in small prints or delicate motifs. See how pretty you look!
Dress up or Dress Down
A plain saree is quite easy to dress up and dress down too. For example, you may wear a plain georgette saree with a floral blouse or kalamkari print blouse to office. And, if you wish to head to a fun evening party, straight from work - you may simply change into a lush velvet blouse or a heavily embroidered or sequined blouse; add a pair of danglers and pin your plain pallu with a fancy brooch – and you are good to go!
In the same way, a plain silk saree – that may actually be heavy and expensive – can easily be made to look simpler – good enough for a day function or a corporate meeting – with some style tweaking.
Unlike prints, heavy woven motifs, embroideries and embellishments – plain sarees have an eternal elegance. They suit all sorts of occasions and women – and never look jarring or distasteful. With absolutely plain saris or plain sarees with borders – you never have to worry about over-dressing or dressing inappropriately for a certain setting or theme. A plain silk saree with a gorgeous plain or brocade border or a plain georgette saree are all time wears – they will hold fort and stay timeless in your wardrobe for years to come.
It won’t be wrong to call the lovely plain sarees as ageless sarees – for two reasons. First - with a plain saree canvas – you don’t have to worry about the saree going out of style. Plain chiffon sarees are as sensuous today - as they were years ago, when Bollywood heroines routinely ran across Swiss Alps, draped in these. Secondly – a plain saree with border or a plain saree with a designer blouse (appropriate for your age and occasion) – looks good at any age. You can wear the same plain crepe saree you had worn for your college farewell – even when you plan to attend your kid’s anuual PTM years later. That is why it makes great sense to add at least a couple of plain sarees in lush fabrics like crepes, de chine, silk and georgettes to your wedding trousseau!
Blouse it up!
With a plain saree – the emphasis is always on the color, border – if it is there – and of course the blouse. How you style your blouse – actually defines the look you want to create in your plains saree. That is why, at Saree.com, you will see that all sorts of plain sarees in various fabrics are paired with gorgeous designer blouses in latest and trendy fashions.
Pick a plain saree and pair it with 2-3 different blouses too. Get one readymade designer blouse, a simpler printed blouse and one heavy brocade or handloom blouse too – and your 3 rocking looks are ready! This way, you can wear one plain saree in 3 different ways. Heavy velvet blouses, embellished blouses, zari blouses, metallic blouses like golden blouses and silver blouses also look great with plain sarees in various colors.
Quirky looks are super fun – and with plains sarees, you can create them with ease too. Pair a plain saree with a contrasting blouse for instant oomph. Incorporate chic necklines like halter neck blouses and backless blouses in your wardrobe with ease, by pairing them with – with border plain sarees or plain sarees with thin zari borders and plain sarees with lace work. Trendy and different blouse styles like angarakha blouse design, sheer back blouses, long cholis and blouses in tons of fabrics can also be matched with plain sarees.
Saree.com offers an endless variety!
At Saree.com, you will find a limitless variety of plain sarees with blouses in all sorts of colors, fabrics, designs, laces and borders. Choose from plain sarees with delicate lace work and designer blouses, plain Kanjeevram sarees with check pallus and broad plain borders or go for nets plain sarees with delicate embroideries, plain half and half sarees or sarees with plain pallus and printed or embellished bodies – and the list just goes on.
Browse for an endless variety of plain saree – and we assure you that you will be pleasantly stumped. The catalogs are updated continually, so you will never fall short of options – at all price ranges. Plain sarees in all prices are available at Saree.com. And, you get an option to get your designer blouses custom stitched at Saree.com.